- Bathroom Ideas -
Storage for an Organized Home
These bathroom ideas to improve storage in your organized home start with giving careful consideration to the function of the bathroom so that you
can organize the space and the people who use it to best suit the functions it was designed for.
This very special room is used for:
- personal hygiene - your cleanliness starts here in the bathroom.
- personal grooming - you shave, do your hair, brush your teeth and put on your makeup here.
- biological functions - do I really have to explain what this is?
Here are some great bathroom ideas for an organized home. These ideas that can be used to make sure that the bathroom
can function as the space it was designed to be.
- Tame the towel clutter - Instead of having a lot of towels in the bathroom place one or two sets in the bathroom then install
bathroom towel bars, an
over the door towel rack or
free standing bathroom towel racks in each bedroom
so that family members can be responsible for their own towels. You can even plug in a heated towel rack
in each bedroom if you want to provide a bit of bribery for this self reliance!
- Move the Pharmacy and First Aid Station to Another Room
If you did not have indoor plumbing would you store your medications and first aid supplies in the
Storing pharmaceuticals in the bathroom creates a safety hazard for young children.
Store your medications out of reach of children. An upper kitchen cabinet is best and use a
storage basket to contain them all.
It seems rather ridiculous that the dirtiest of human activities (elimination) and the
cleanest (dressing wounds) would be expected to occur in the same room.
I recommend moving all the first aid supplies and medications to
another room in the house so that the bathroom can be for biological and personal hygiene and grooming functions only.
Medications should not be stored in the bathroom because heat and moisture will cause the medications to degrade over time.
Your bathroom medicine cabinet is a great storage area for many items and anything that will fit should go there, EXCEPT your medication
- End drawer disorder - Drawers in a bathroom can become disorderly very quickly. There are so many loose items in the bathroom drawers and they can shift all over the place from constant opening
and closing of the drawers. Drawer organization ideas for the bathroom include:
- Don't have drawers in your bathroom? Then use plastic storage drawers to give yourself lots of drawer space.
- Use specialty
bathroom organizers for one of a kind items like
toilet paper and the
- Keep supplies close to where they are used - install shower organizers in the shower so
that soap and other supplies are always close at hand.
- Place cleaning supplies under the sink in a plastic storage basket so that everyone has the necessary
supplies to clean up after their own bath or shower. Check out these bathroom cleaning tips to make your bathroom sparkle from top to bottom!
- Use a makeup organizer to contain all those small cosmetic items that rattle around in drawers and collect dust on your bathroom vanity.
- double up! - a double towel rack gives you twice the amount of space for hanging towels.
by Beverly OMalley
Bathroom ideas for your organized home are not fully addressed by just making suggestions for space utilization in the bathroom.
In an organized
home everyone contributes and each person in the household takes responsibility for their own stuff.
Discover parenting tips to create a more organized bathroom in your home.