- Storage Baskets -
Tips to Organize Your Home
You will love storage baskets!
Your organized home will benefit from using any of these homes storage ideas for
baskets in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, living room, and even the laundry room.
Bathroom Tips to Organize Your Home Using Baskets
- extra towels and face cloths, on the counter top or the floor if you have room
- hair items - scrunchies, hair combs, scarves, elastics, hair brushes
- hygiene products - conquer counter clutter by using small plastic baskets to hold
toothpaste, hand creams and moisturizers
- store your makeup
- guests- create a little guest basket of soap, shampoo, toothpaste and other small hotel sized hygiene items for your guests
Bedroom Tips to Organize Your Home
Use lined or leather baskets for organizing small wardrobe items that do not need folding. Don't use unlined wicker storage baskets for fragile textiles that could snag.
- shoe storage
- socks and underwear - select very shallow ones for drawer organizers or deeper ones on your closet shelves
- books and magazines on the bedside table, or beside the reading chair if you have one.
Kitchen Ideas Using Storage Baskets
- use shallow rectangular baskets for cutlery organizers. Take them right to the table for buffet
- paper or cloth napkins and serviettes
- serving containers for breads and snack items like nuts and pretzels (be sure to put in a paper or cloth liner)
- store vegetables such as onions and potatoes
- use small plastic ones in the fridge
to contain condiments or other like items. Just lift the entire unit out of the fridge and take it to the dinner table.
Living Room Tips to Organize Your Home
- contain newspaper and magazine clutter before it goes to the recycle bin
- use a small basket for your remote controls
- keep comforters and blankets handy when you want to curl up for a movie or read a good book
- use a sofa height table with baskets to store small toys, books, or other items that you
want to contain in the living room. This is an especially good home storage solution for
open concept rooms where the living room sofa is not placed against a wall.
A bench or hallway table with
baskets like the one pictured at this link could hold a large assortment of items in your living room. There are baskets large enough for blankets and newspapers and small enough for toys and magazines.
You can have a place for everything.
You can place it in a basket!
by Beverly OMalley